Basic Features for KiSS
- Layered objects, so the front and back of doll clothes can slide over the doll in a realistic way.
- Different page sets or scenes, where each page can show new sets of clothes or background pictures.
- Multiple color sets, so that you can view your doll clothes and scenes in different shades of color.
- 'Sticky' objects, so that some items may have to be tugged before they will move freely.
- Object events, so that doll features, hairstyles, or clothes can change when touched.
- Semi-transparent images, so you can see through them to the objects below.
- A complete editing module for selecting, copying and pasting objects on pages.
- A comprehensive programming model for developers to create active content.
- A fully integrated text editor for developing KiSS data set configuration files.
- A fully integrated image editor to enhance and touch up KiSS image files.
- A full featured color editor for maintaining and updating image palette files.
- An integrated archive file manager for creating new KiSS archive files.
- An integrated media player for playback of audio and video files.
- Support for ZIP, JAR and LHA compressed format archive files.
- Support for WAV, AU, MIDI, RMF and AIFF music and sound effects.
- Support for playback of MP3 audio format files.
- Support for animated GIF files used by most popular internet browsers.
- Support for JPG photographic image files used by most popular internet browsers.
- Support for BMP bitmap image files popular on Microsoft systems.
- Support for PNG portable network graphics for compressed true color images.
- Support for PPM Portable Pixel Map image files popular on Unix systems.
- Support for HTML 3.2 version text files.
KiSS File Support
- KiSS 16 and 256 color CEL file formats.
- Cherry KiSS truecolor CEL file formats.
- KiSS 16 and 256 color KCF file formats.
- GIF87 and GIF89a graphic file formats.
- JPEG photographic image file formats.
- PNG file formats with translucency.
- Microsoft BMP graphic file formats.
- PBM, PGM, and PPM graphic file formats.
- WAV, AU, and MIDI audio file formats.
- AIFF, MP3, and RMF audio file formats.
- ANSI text and rich text RTF file formats.
- ZIP and JAR compressed files.
- LHA compressed archive files.
FKiSS Specification Support
- FKiSS 1, FKiSS 2, FKiSS 2.1, FKiSS 3 and FKiSS 4 specifications.
- Unrestricted length alphanumeric variable names can be used.
- String and integer variable types are supported.
- Variable names can be used to reference KiSS objects.
- Indirect references to variable values is supported.
- Indexed variables can be used for loop control.
- For statements and while loops can be used for iteration control.
- Nested if-else-endif logic can be coded for complex algorithms.
- Local variable scope for label events supports recursive operation.
- Label parameters and return values enable function calls.
New UltraKiss Programming Extensions
- "letcel" command to identify the currently selected image cel.
- "letcomment" command to obtain the cel comment text.
- "while" and "endwhile" commands for program loop control.
- "for" and "next" commands to perform iteration.
- "showstatus" command to display text in the program status bar.
- "concat" command to concatenate string text.
- "substr" command to obtain a substring of a string.
- "replacestr" command to replace a substring in a string.
- "indexof" command to return the position of a substring in a string.
- "strlen" command to return the length of a string.
- "clone" command to dynamically create new object groups.
- "destroy" command to remove cloned object definitions.
- "animate" command to suspend or restart cel animation.
- "mediaplayer" command to queue background music.
- "lettimer" command to return the time remaining on an alarm.
- "letpal" and "setpal" commands to set a specific palette group for an image cel or object.
- "letkcf" and "setkcf" commands to adjust the ordinal palette file for an image cel.
- "confirm" command to show a confirmation dialog and wait for a response.
- "setmodal" and "letmodal" commands to restrict user events to a specific object.
- "read", "write", "open" and "close" commands for external file access.
- "viewer" command to access viewer specific control features.
- "environment" command to access external information and objects.
- Support for basic Graphical User Interface components for simplified user input.
- Labels, Buttons, Check Boxes, Lists, Text Fields, Text Areas, Radio Buttons.
- Individual component attributes to control font characteristics, color, scrolling, and state.
- Integration with the FKiSS event model to recognize user component events.
- Ability to replace the viewer menu bar with application defined menu items.
- "getText" and "setText" commands to set and retrieve component text values.
- "getSelectedValue" and "setSelectedValue" commands to manage list components.
- "getSelectedIndex" and "setSelectedIndex" commands to manage list entries.
- "getSelectedItem" and "setSelectedItem" commands to manage combo box entries.
- "getSelected" and "setSelected" commands to manage button entries.
- "getValueAt" and "setValueAt" commands to manage list entries by index.
- "addItem" and "removeItem" commands to construct list and combo box components.
- "getIndexOf", "getItemCount", and "removeAll" commands to manage list entries.
- Data sets may be loaded from compressed archives or file directories.
- Expansion data sets can be seamlessly loaded over previously loaded data.
- Support for extended directory path information in compressed archive files.
- Animation thread control interface to manage event processing threads.
- Ability to create an unrestricted number of page sets and color sets.
- Complete undo and redo control over most data set modifications.
- Cut, copy and paste of graphic objects within and between pages.
- Restart option to initialize the KiSS data set and start all events.
- Reset option to restore all scene objects to their initial positions.
- Size to Screen option to resize page sets to the available viewing space.
- Scale to Screen option to scale all images to fit the viewing space.
- Magnification and reduction and scaling of all images on the screen.
- Visibility of all cel, palette, page set and programming event definitions.
- Event logging and diagnostic breakpoints facilitate program debugging.
- FKiSS visual code tracing and event program source code editing.
- Preview image magnification, selection, and positioning during color edits.
- Feature to write current object positions to a new configuration file.
- Facility to adjust image draw level depth and layering order.
- Ability to import standard image formats and convert to Cel format.
UltraKiss Portal Features
- Ability to automatically download and open KiSS sets from the World Wide Web.
- Display of HTML 3.2 specification pages with images, frames, headings, etc.
- Forward and Back controls to traverse the navigation history.
- Automatic authentication to secure web sites using the registered user identifier.
- Ability to automatically search and catalogue KiSS sets in file directories.
- Automatic thumbnail image generation in GIF or JPG format.
- Direct access to cataloged sets through the UltraKiss Portal.